Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 7

I have a funny story about last night.

We were invited to go in to Surry Hills, and being that I would be out at the time when I normally have my injection, I packed my cooler bag with everything I needed and took it with me in the car. I assumed I would be inside by 8pm, but when we got there it was virtually impossible to find a space to park, so 30 mins later (and very frustrated) we finally found a spot and it was right on 8pm, so I decided just to get it over and done with in the car. It didn't seem like a big deal to me, but my hubby was next to me and he came out with "I can't believe I am sitting next to you, shooting up in some back street in Surry Hills" ha ha. Am I a junkie? :)

It all went well, no hassles whatsoever. I am really getting used to these needles and it's nice that all of a sudden it's no trouble to do it.............

Until night time came along and it was time to start my second injection. I took it out of the box and it is really a syringe! None of this fancy pen business - it's a syringe with a big air bubble and I have to shoot it all in - air bubble and all.

I go to put it in and it feels like it's blunt. I can't get it in so I have to really push through the skin with a bit of force. I start to empty the contents and YOUCH! This one really hurts. I finally get to pull it out and the stinging doesn't stop. I feel my body want to bend over to compensate for the pian. Standing up straight hurts, so I retire to the couch with a bowl of ice-cream to make me feel better.

After 20 mins it is still really hurting, so I take a look at the site where I put it in and it is completely red, swollen and even a little itchy at the sides of it. I automatically think I have had a reaction to the drug, so I get out all my info and read that 10-15% of patients experience this and that it should disappear within 4 hours. Lucky me! So I go to bed and hope that all will be ok in the morning, knowing in the back of my mind that I have an after hours number that I can call at anytime if I feel unsure about what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment