Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 12 & 13

The blood test results from Monday's blood test were fantastic!! They were hoping for me to be over 500 and my levels were 2156! :)

So the ball is rolling, everything is working just as it should and I am feeling very happy and confident about everything.

This morning I had my next scan and blood test. The scan went very well. It seems I have 9 follies growing, with 8 of them being nice and big and strong. The largest one is a whopping 20mm, then most sit around the 15-17mm mark, whilst the 9th follie is just 10mm. But the nurse this morning said that by Friday's scan they should have pretty much all caught up to each other and be roughly the same size. I think they like to do egg pick up when they all measure somewhere around 18mm.

I have been getting little pains in my ovaries every now and then, nothing extreme, just something I can feel for a short period of time before it goes away. Apparently that is just because the eggs are growing much bigger than they normally would so I can feel them in there. Plus I am fairly bloated pretty much all the time, particularly at night, it's a touch uncomfortable but all that will go away once the eggs are retrieved.

It is looking like the egg pick-up will happen on Monday - the day of the Jay Z & U2 concert. I am soooo hoping it can be scheduled for another day but unfortunately it looks like I might be missing the concert :( But if I can make a little human life out of this then missing a concert will be well worthwhile! It just sucks that I never seem to do anything exciting, and then on the day of my one big planned event, something else comes up. Murphy's law, right?! It happens everytime, ha ha.m Not to worry.

Now I await my next blood test results, and hopefully all is going well there.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful news! I hope the scheduling means you can attend your concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks, it looks like it might just be able to all work in together so I can do everything.

    ReplyDelete