Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 14

I have realised something. I do so much better with the injections if I don't bother icing my skin beforehand. I really thought it would help to numb my skin and make it easier, but tonight I forgot to ice and it was sooo much easier! So from now on, the ice stays in the freezer.

I had to give myself a small dose of Pregnyl today, so that's 3 injections in the one day - eek! But luckily for me I only had to do the Pregnyl once because it is very tricky.

Monday is definitely going to be the day of egg pick-up which happens to be my son's 3rd birthday. Luckily it is one of the days he goes to daycare anyway, so my hubby will be home with our daughter and they will drive me into the day surgery for my procedure, and my lovely recipient has offered to come in and see me afterwards and drive me home to save Matt the big trip. So sweet! It will be great to see her again and to be able to share the moment with her right after they have taken the eggs that she will carry, hopefully to full-term.

1 comment: