Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 16 - my injections are finished!!

I am officially finished my injections! I just had my normal two injections at 8pm, and at 9.30pm I had my trigger injection. It's called Ovidrel and it's purpose is to mature my eggs and make them release so that they can all be ready for egg pick-up on monday morning.

The nurses told me that this needle is quite blunt and that I might have to really force it in to my skin, which made me really queasy, but maybe they were being sneaky. I prepared for the worst, gritted my teeth and went for it........ and it slid in ever so nicely. It was actually one of the easiest injections I have done on this 2 week journey. It was a very nice way to finish!

I am scheduled to go in for my egg pick-up at 8.30am on Monday morning, I go in to theatre at 9.30am for a 15 min procedure, and should be released by 11.30am. Then that will be my part of this journey over, but I will pop in here every few days to update you on my progress, and what my recovery is like.

Tomorrow is my son's birthday so I'd best be off to bed so I can wake up fresh with him at whatever godly hour he decides to wake up tomorrow. Goodnight all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment