Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 6 - blood test results

I just got a call from the nurse about the results of my blood test.

She said my Oestrogen level is 361 but they would like it to be above 500, so now I have to change my dose of Puregon from 200 to 300. I have tonight's needle at 300, then tomorrow night I have the same as well as one more needle. It is called Orgalutran and it is used to prevent early ovulation. Basically they want to make sure that all these lovely eggs I am creating will stay put til they need them. But this means that I have to have 2 injections nightly instead of just one although I'm not really worried about that at all - if I can do one, I can do two!

My next step is to go back to the IVF clinic and have another blood test as well as an ultrasound early Friday morning. I think they take a look inside and do an egg count so it will be nice to see how my body is playing along with all this. I hope I get a good result.

1 comment:

  1. You are bringing back memories for me :) it's pretty amazing seeing all the eggs, good luck, hope you have lots of good eggs :)

    ReplyDelete